Sunday, March 7, 2010

The new iPad from Apple.

Will you be buying the iPad from Apple in April? The iPad is a tablet computer created from Apple Inc. On January 27, 2010 Apple announced the new development. The iPad is similar to the iPhone and iPod touch, it had the same operating system (iPhone OS). The difference is that the iPad is a larger 9.7-inch LED backlit multi-touch display with a pixel resolution of 1024x768. It has 16 to 64 gigabytes of flash memory, 1 gigahertz Apple A4 processor, Bluetooth 2.1, and a 30 pin dock connector to sync with iTunes and connect wired accessories.


Apple has announced two different models of the iPad. One model with 802.11n Wi-Fi and the other model with 802.11n Wi-Fi and 3G (able to connect to cellular networks) and has assisted GPS. Starting on March 12 customers in the USA that are interested in the iPad can preorder it. The Wi-Fi version will be available April 3 and the Wi-Fi + 3G will be available at the end of April. The Wi-Fi + 3G iPad will be unlocked so it can be used on other mobile carriers that support GSM micro-SIMs. 3G will be provided in the U.S. by AT&T and sold with two prepaid contract-free data plan options: one for unlimited data and the other for 250 MB/month at half the price. The plans will be activated on the iPad itself and can be canceled at any time.

To control the iPad and the software it runs you mostly use the multi-touch touch screen display. The iPad also has external buttons for sleep, mute and controlling the volume as well as a button to return to the home screen. Apple will also be introducing several iPad accessories, such as the iPad case, the keyboard dock, and the camera connection kit. Like the iPhone, the iPad will only run software downloaded from the Apple App Store.

The iPad has several neat features. It’s a futuristic looking computer and I think that people are looking forward to the iPad release.

4 comments:

  1. I kinda wanna buy the iPad. When I first heard about it I thought it would cost way more than it actually does. I did not realize that they had two different models. I like the touch screen. I find it easy to use. I have a touch screen phone and I have had it for like a year in a half and it has been acting up lately. So will the iPad be acting up too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im still debating whether or not i should buy the ipad. It does look like a very interesting piece of technology to have, and it is a lot cheaper tan oi would have expected it to be. I have seen some of the video explaing the features, and it does seem pretty cool. If i do decide to buy one, i would probably wait about a month because usually when a new product like this comes out, people find problems that need to be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s really interesting. I hadn’t heard much about it till you posted this. I’m not sure if I’ll be getting an ipad when they come out or not. I’ll most likely wait till another model comes out because of any bugs in the system that they may need to work out. I’ve also never owned an iPod so it would be a big jump for me, plus I’m tight on money. Who knows though it’s something I might look in to? Do you for see any major problems with it when it comes out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kasey--

    You've included a lot of the iPad's specs here, but I'd like to hear what you think about the iPad. Remember, this is more than just an info blog--you're evaluating, relating, discussing.

    ReplyDelete